“The difference between a novice and an expert is a week, in Blockchain.”
Brendan Bulmer, EO, Block.one
Is blockchain right for your organisation?
- Do you operate in a regulated sector that requires you to know the identity of your business network?
- Do you share and record information with multiple stakeholders, intermediaries or business entities?
- Do you carry out frequent or complex transactions with multiple stakeholders that can take days or weeks to resolve?
- Do you depend on using networks containing untrusted participants?
- Do you have regular exchanges with other businesses that would benefit from being automated and pre-programmed?
Discover how blockchain can be applied to business transactions
- Blockchain can be leveraged to change businesses and public sector organisations through transforming the relationships between governments, citizens and businesses.
- Blockchain enables the streamlining of operations, especially for those that rely on enforcement, reconciliation and verification.
- Through its immutable nature, blockchain provides the ability to leverage the power of your ecosystems for faster transactions with greater trust, accountability and transparency across business networks.
- Blockchain enables the exchange of value or the ability to share data confidentially in a secure environment while reducing the cost and complexity of cross-enterprise business processes by digitising transaction workflows.
- By embedding trust technologically into the very nature of transactions, blockchain provides greater security and enhances the integrity of information management while reducing corruption, fraud and forgery.
Application Case Study 1:
Government Case Study
Estonia has long been known as one of the most digitally advanced countries in Europe. And now its government is putting ground-breaking blockchain technology to use in securing its citizens’ medical data. Blockchain has the potential to revolutionise data security – and Estonia is leading the way.
To find out more about the story of Estonia attend:
12:20 pm – 12:35 pm on Govchain stage
Application Case Study 2:
FinTech Blockchain Pioneers
Blockchain application to date has been led by the financial services sector. From performing the first live trade finance transaction with real customers to expanding smart contract templates, Barclays have demonstrated the possibilities and future of Blockchain. Similarly, a team of researchers at Royal Bank of Scotland (RBS) claims to have demonstrated that blockchain technologies could support a new banking industry clearing system similar to the UK’s existing Faster Payments scheme.
To find out more about the experiences of Barclays and RBS attend:
12:35 pm – 1:05 pm on Enterprise Application stage
Application Case Study 3:
Blockchain for Energy
Blockchain technology has the potential to reduce transaction costs in the energy sector, enable active participation of a larger number of market participants (consumers and devices) and, as a consequence, accelerate the transition towards a cleaner, more resilient, and more cost effective system.
To find out more about how the energy sector is embracing Blockchain attend:
4:05 pm – 4:20 pm on Enterprise Application stage