PICK A STAGE:
Blockchain Leaders Summit
9:40 am - 10:10 am
Strategic Partner Keynote: The Future of Blockchain
- EOSIO – The evolution of free open source public blockchain
- Defining the next generation of blockchain powered applications and smart contracts
- The governance, transparency and security benefits of blockchain
10:10 am - 10:40 am
Blockchain Leader 2018 Fireside Chat: Bracing for Blockchain’s Next Wave
- Moving beyond traditional market infrastructures and the reality of implementing industry agnostic, blockchain powered workflows
- Post-hype mindsets: How end-user focused solutions should drive blockchain’s application, not technological evangelism
- Investing in developer communities through the provision of Software Development Kits (SDKs) to help cultivate a broad and resilient ecosystem of products and services
10:40 am - 11:00 am
Business Blockchain Keynote: Unlocking the Real Value of Decentralised Business Models
- Automated business transactions: Driving efficiency, reducing risk
- Heralding a new era of trust: Securing data and networks through Blockchain
- Reaping the benefits of new decentralised Business Models
- Making a move towards Tokenisation: rethinking funding and liquidity
11:00 am - 11:20 am
11:20 am - 11:40 am
Smart Contracts Keynote: Building Blocks for the Future of Blockchain
- Secure and self-executing: The potential scope of smart contract usage
- Achieving basic contractual objectives: Observability, verifiability, privity and enforceability
- Smart contracts the Peer to Peer (P2P) and Machine to Machine (M2M) economies
11:40 am - 12:00 pm
The Birthmarks Of Good Blockchain
- Challenging the status quo: The projects and platforms to watch in the blockchain and DLT ecosystem
- Embracing bitcoin and why enterprise blockchain depends on its crypto-cousins
- A new era of challengers and why blockchain represents a fundamental step change for incumbents.
12:20 pm - 12:40 pm
12:40 pm - 1:00 pm
Token Alliance: An Initial Step Towards Self Regulation
Blockchain technology will fundamentally improve many aspects of business, government and society. That future will be fueled through the distribution and use of digital tokens, however these new networks and applications have proved challenging for regulators. Perianne Boring will discuss the work of the Token Alliance, an initiative of the Chamber of Digital Commerce, which brought together 350+ global blockchain stakeholders to issue best practices and guidelines for tokens and ICOs — and an initial step towards building a self regulatory framework for this emerging ecosystem.
1:00 pm - 1:20 pm
Pioneering Blockchain Education
The University of Nicosia (UNIC) was the world’s first university to accept Bitcoin for tuition payment (2013), to establish a full accredited academic program on blockchain (MSc in Digital Currency, 2014) and to publish the degrees of all its graduates on the blockchain (2017). It has now launched the Institute For the Future (IFF) to investigate how distributed ledgers will combine with AI, IoT and other exponential technologies to disrupt the economy and society. George will discuss the various steps of UNIC’s journey to provide a unique combination of education, research and enterprise and will also offer thoughts on the future of money and the transition to a future world of machine-to-machine commerce and blockchain-based autonomous corporations.
1:20 pm - 2:20 pm
Lunch & Exhibition Break
2:20 pm - 2:40 pm
Building A Network Of Networks: Connecting Business With Blockchain
- Enabling new opportunities for cross-industry collaboration
- Re-inventing the digital business process through transparency, timeliness and trust
- Taking advantage of technology innovations: Registries, APIs and Tokens
2:40 pm - 3:20 pm
Panel Discussion: How Stable Is The Platform Market And Do Tomorrows Giants Yet Exist?
- Defining the taxonomy of platforms and working together to ensure a user-led adoption of blockchain technology
- Predicting the future platform landscape: Blockchain behemoths or agnostic utopias
- Unpacking the differences: Will platforms suit functions or can one platform serve all?
3:20 pm - 3:40 pm
3:55 pm - 4:10 pm
Empowering Decentralization With Next Generation Blockchain Technology
- Overcoming the difficulties of current blockchain technology: cost inefficiency, waste in resources, lack of interoperability, and transaction latency
- Unveiling blockchain’s next step: blocklattice and to know the consensus algorithm
- Building an ecosystem to make the revolutionary shift of blockchain implementation in the era of DApps
Stage PartnerThe C-Suite Stage is an invite only event, designed to fill the growing knowledge gap present at Board-Level. Discussing how blockchain will change business efficiency, productivity and security, the C-Suite Stage draws upon the insight of experts from both the blockchain ecosystem and the various industries currently engaging with this technology. Through a mixture of case-studies and lively debate we explore how blockchain and DLT will impact each critical function, whether technical, financial or operational.
9:45 am - 10:45 am
Panel: The Enterprise Supply Chain – Blockchain’s Next Killer App
- Position your organization to master enterprise-grade Supply Chains through blockchain’s single source of truth
- Understand how blockchain technology can radically reduce fraud and the impact of fraudulent goods and services on organisations, partners and customers
- Discover streamlined business processes, improved trade finance mechanisms, and unlock idle assets using blockchain-based networks
- Understand the new business models created using trustless coordination technologies that replicate the trade networks of agrarian societies on a global scale.
10:45 am - 11:00 am
11:00 am - 11:30 pm
Transforming The World Of Work With Blockchain
- Understand the opportunities for both employers and talent networks through an immutable record of accreditation and experience and a reduction in credentials fraud
- Explore the use of token economics for a new age of payments and employee benefits
- Harness Smart Contracts and Smart Contracting: employment law meets 4IR tech
11:30 am - 11:45 am
11:45 am - 12:15 pm
Fireside chat with Block.one Group President Rob Jesudason: Understanding Why C-suites Are Moving From Traditional Businesses To Blockchain Companies
What is behind the trend of executives and financial professionals moving to blockchain and what can we expect in the future?
12:15 pm - 1:15 pm
1:15 pm - 2:00 pm
Panel: Navigating Blockchain’s Regulatory Maze
- Learn about regulatory arbitrage, and how the UK regulatory landscape can remain competitive
- Understand the challenges for the Chief Legal Officer and legal practitioners imposed by smart contracts
- Expand your understanding of global regulatory frameworks around Initial Coin Offerings (ICOs)
- Discover how enterprises can get involved in the establishment of new and balanced regulatory frameworks that uphold principles and sustain innovation
2:00 pm - 2:15 pm
2:15 pm - 2:45 pm
Can the Blockchain Save the IOT?
- In an increasingly connected world, understand the role of blockchain-based IoT to secure and bolster internet connected things – – and the data they generate
- While blockchain technology is revolutionary, come away with a better understanding of the industry’s current scaling challenges and how the technology should be approached at this nascent stage
- Learn how the blockchain space for IoT has moved past the peak of industry expectations, and how real-world testing of assumptions is setting industries up for a future of successful implementations
- Prepare for a world of increasingly connected devices, radical transparency and security of data, and higher levels of trust for your business
2:45 pm - 3:00 pm
3:00 pm - 3:30 pm
Global Payments Transformed: How blockchain is revolutionizing the global payments infrastructure
- The paradigm of trust that has long been established among global financial institutions is under threat. Are the levels of trust found in blockchains – enabled by cryptography and mathematics – arguably more credible?
- International payments systems designed in the 1800s are still centered (centred for UK) around the City of London. Learn how this infrastructure is under threat from faster, cheaper, peer-to-peer transfer technologies.
- Participants will learn how Ripple, IOTA, and other distributed ledger protocols are challenging an age-old paradigm in financial services, and how these use cases have strong support from international regulatory authorities
3:30 pm - 4:00 pm
Airline Industry Transformation
- Discover how blockchain helps to streamline some of travel’s most inefficient processes such as flight insurance and bag tracking
- Learn how disintermediation can make it easier to innovate the flight and hotel booking experience and optimize inventory
- Find out which blockchain projects currently exist within the travel industry, and how much traction are they receiving
4:00 pm - 4:30 pm
Break and Relocation to Blockchain Leaders’ Summit
4:30 pm - 5:00 am
Blockchain Leaders Summit Closing Keynote: Harnessing the Power of the 2nd Digital Age
We invite you to head over to the Blockchain Leaders Summit to for the Closing Keynote of Blockchain Live. To wrap up the day we welcome Alex Tapscott, co-founder of the Blockchain Research Institute, and co-author of the international bestselling book, Blockchain Revolution: How the Technology Behind Bitcoin and Other Cryptocurrencies is Changing the World. Alex will talk about what the future will hold for businesses, governments and the blockchain community.
9:30 am - 9:40 am
Chair’s Opening Remarks
9:40 am - 10:05 am
Tokenisation And Crypto – What Does This Spell For Financial Services?
- Enterprise blockchain: Beyond crypto or alongside it?
- How traditional financial services are engaging with the rise of token economics
- Experimentation with fiat cash on distributed ledgers
- Digital mutuals and decentralised autonomous organisations
- Using tokenisation to streamline banking products and services
10:05 am - 10:30 am
From PoC To Mass-Scale Value In International Finance
- Beyond proof of concept: Yielding results through the disruptive force of blockchain
- Leaping hurdles: Moving quickly from test phase to scale
- Leveraging existing infrastructure to fast-track to production
10:40 am - 11:00 am
Innovation And Transformation: How The Financial Sector Is Adopting Blockchain Technology
Perspectives from investors, banks and blockchain startups on which areas of financial services are being disrupted by the technology now and which are likely to be disrupted in the future
– The different ways in which ‘traditional’ companies are pivoting to blockchain
– Where investment is likely to originate from and where is it most likely to have the greatest impact within businesses
11:10 am - 11:50 am
Panel Discussion: How To Achieve A Sufficiently Integrated Blockchain Ecosystem In International Finance
- The rise of consortia and the atmosphere of open innovation
- Interoperability as a foundational concept for the next generation of blockchain powered FinTech
- Overcoming technical heterogeneity to fully capitalize on the benefits of blockchain
- Bringing together strategy, innovation and operation to drive widespread adoption
12:00 pm - 12:25 pm
How Will Enterprise Blockchain Help Us Cross The Chasm?
- Blockchain as a driving force for digital transformation
- Use cases: From corporate actions and payments to share registry and fund trading
- Make or break: Defining what success looks like
- Reviewing the challenges to mainstream adoption
12:25 pm - 12:50 pm
Blockchain At LSEG – Building Transparency And Traceability Into Exchanging
- How exchanges can benefit from blockchain and DLT
- Reaping the rewards of regaining lost profits through inefficiencies
- Removing the barriers to seamlessly transferring value through blockchain
- Early adopter engagement: How LSEG’s relationships with blockchain has matured
2:20 pm - 2:45 pm
Reimagining Global Financial Infrastructure
- Ensuring financial stability and security in cross-border payments
- Improving liquidity management and overhauling financial reconciliation processes
- Driving efficiency and speed of service through blockchain and DLT
3:55 pm - 4:35 pm
Panel Discussion: How Blockchain Enabled Collaboration Will Fundamentally Change The Face Of Insurance
- Does blockchain’s real value lie in the organisation or between organisations
- The consequences of unparalleled trust: will the industry shrink as risk becomes more accute?
- Realising the benefits of both blockchain and open data for business analytics
9:40 am - 10:00 am
A Call to Action – What Blockchain adoption is Possible in 12 months?
- An examination of 3 jurisdictions, comparing the Clarity, Empowerment and Adoption of Blockchain within them
- What is the current situation?
- What and Who needs to Act?
- Where can we be in 12 months if it goes ahead?
10:00 am - 10:20 am
Building an Eden thanks to Blockchain Regulation
- How our regulatory framework came into effect
- How this has evolved
- What results we are seeing and why – appetite for regulation in a disrupted world
- Governments own view for blockchain internally
- Incentivise, educate and promote the technology and its myriad uses across our community and across frontiers
10:30 am - 10:50 am
What’s Blocking Blockchain? Looking At Adoption Challenges Facing Government Departments
- What blockchain proof of concept work has HMRC undertaken so far?
- What can we learn about blockchain possibilities in government?
- What are the bigger challenges facing departments in adopting this technology, particularly around security policies?
- Where next for the HMRC proofs of concepts?
10:50 am - 11:10 am
Private Implementation – How Government Can Increase Citizens’ Control
- Private Blockchain Implementation: Examples from Government Adopters
- Using Private Blockchains to Enable Robust and Transparent Economic Models
- How Blockchain Frameworks Enable an Entirely New and Efficient Process for Citizen-Government Interaction
- Giving Citizens True Control of Their Assets While Keeping Records Safe
- Enabling Easier Registry Procedures to Increase the Reliability of Government Institutions
11:20 am - 11:40 am
Reshaping A Public Service With Blockchain In The Danish Tax Authority
The Danish Tax Authority shares experiences gained from the development of a Proof of Concept (PoC) based on blockchain technology. The PoC, Vehicle Wallet, is a distributed ledger that contains a shared register of vehicles and their full history through the value chain. The goal of the PoC was to answer some of the unanswered questions regarding blockchain technology and it’s feasibility.
11:40 am - 12:20 pm
Panel Discussion: From Ethical Foundations To Benevolent Ends
- How can Blockchain Adoption Benefit Society and Act as a Movement for Social Good
- Bettering the Life of Billions of People Across the Globe
- Providing Life-Changing Access to Financial Services for the ‘Unbanked’
- Enshrining Transparency and Sustainability into Global Trade and Industry
- Blockchain as a Step Change in Tech: Building Ethics and Governance into Technology Itself
1:20 pm - 1:50 pm
Championing The Innovators – How Governments Can Support The Blockchain Ecosystem
- What it Takes to Recognise and Maximise Innovation
- Outlining the Role of the EU’s Blockchain Observatory
- The Size of the Prize: The Social and Economic Benefits
- The Role of Governments in Nurturing the Blockchain Industry
1:50 pm - 2:10 pm
Self-Verifiable Digital Records on the Blockchain
- How blockchain will revolutionize the process of issuing records that are tamper-proof and independently verifiable
- Case study: issuing self-verifiable academic degrees
- The future: Empowering the learner through Blockchain
2:20 pm - 2:45 pm
Digital Identity: All The Tech And No Adoption
- Creating a blueprint for distributed digital identity systems
- Why financial services still relies on copies of paper documents and financial crime regulation needs to catch up
- Why blockchain is an opportunity financial intelligence units should embrace not fear
- The case for policy makers to encourage adoption
2:45 pm - 3:35 pm
Panel Discussion: Beyond Service Efficiencies – How DLT Will Change The Relationship Between Citizen And State
- How Crypto and New ‘Token Economic Models’ Can Benefit Government and Public Services
- How the Evolving Relationship Between Consumer and Service Provider Impacts the Citizen and State Relationship
- Public Empowerment and Increased Security: A Wealth of Opportunity
- New Business Models and the Sharing Economy: Lessons for the Public Sector
3:45 pm - 4:10 pm
Blockchain Analytics: Building Trust for Regulators and Business
- Business vs Cryptocurrency: Needs and Fears
- Blockchain in Business: Opportunities and Challenges
- How Crystal Blockchain Helps to Ensure Compliance to Regulatory Rules and Procedures
4:10 pm - 4:50 pm
Panel Discussion: Patient Empowerment And Blockchain
- Putting Patients in Control of their Care through Blockchain
- The Link Between Blockchain and Electronic Health Records (EHRs)
- Seamless Payments and Rewards: Using Digital Incentive Tokens to Improve Patient Health
- The Privacy and Security Benefits of Blockchain in Healthcare
Technology and Development Stage
9:40 am - 10:05 am
A Developer’s Guide To Blockchain – Tools, Tips And Timesavers
- Understanding the challenges faced by blockchain developers when it comes to recruiting developers
- A look at how can these challenges be overcome?
- Analysing the ‘tools’ needed to build, test and deploy successful blockchain applications
10:35 am - 11:00 am
The Convergence Economy – Crypto Assets + Blockchain + IoT + AI
- A look at how distributed ledger technology, smart contracts & crypto assets combine with AI and IoT to enable the next web paradigm, Web 3.0, through their unique investment framework called ‘The Convergence Economy’
- Discover how investments in IOTA, Ocean, Sovrin and Fetch.ai form part of a vision for a synergistic stack that allows for a more decentralised, automated and autonomous web that will power machine-to-machine and agent-to-agent based systems that will invisibly optimise the world around us from industry to health, commerce and mobility
11:00 am - 11:40 pm
Panel Discussion: Blockchain Convergence – Unlocking The True Potential Of AI And IoT
- A look at what blockchain is capable of when it acts as the enabler for ‘sister’ technologies
- An analysis of the two most exciting frontiers of convergence: IoT and AI
- To what extent can blockchain unlock the ‘true’ potential pf both IoT and AI
11:50 am - 12:10 pm
Blockchain And Cyber Security – A New Paradigm Or A New Arena?
- As a boost for a transaction security to what extent does blockchain represent a brave new world for Cyber Security specialists.
- How is blockchain being assessed by the cyber community?
- A look at how cyber practices are being transformed in the wake of the blockchain revolution
12:55 pm - 1:20 pm
An Explosive Solution – Building Cordite For The Future
- Understanding how Cordite provides distributed governance and economics services to solve the decentralisation challenges enterprises are facing today.
- A look at how the open source CorDapp brings to the fore tokens, virtual currencies, digital mutual societies, micro-billing and more.
- Exploring how Cordite’s developers select the appropriate elements (Highlighted by a live demo)
1:50 pm - 2:10 pm
Interchain Development And Cross-Chain Protocols
- Analysing how interoperability is a key concern for the future of the blockchain ecosystem
- A look at established platforms and which ones could potentially dominate
- A discussion on implementation strategies
2:10 pm - 2:35 pm
Blockchain & Future Cyber
- Cyber Security’s Future With Blockchain? Enabler Or Hindrance
- How Blockchain can apply to the CIA security triad model (data confidentiality/integrity/availability)
- What are the Cyber Security considerations for permissioned blockchains (key management, software coding errors, endpoint risks, SDLC…)
- How Cyber Security controls can mitigate risks and protect permissioned blockchains (access controls, threat modelling, encryption…)
2:45 pm - 3:05 pm
Launching An ICO From A Cybersecurity Perspective
- Discover the security audits of smart contracts and findings of recent audits conducted on Smart Contracts for ICO’s
- A look at how the smallest mistake in a Smart Contract can be truly detrimental
- Understanding why some investors are now placing a priority on evaluating the security practices of potential blockchain investments, and exchanges are vetting the security of new tokens when being listed
- Analysing why auditing is so important and a look at key findings from audits of recent ICO’s/TGE’s
3:05 pm - 3:35 pm
Self-sovereign Data And Edge Computing: Building User Controlled Experiences From Scratch
- The power of blockchain to transform customer experience through emboldened client-side personalisation
- Harnessing the power of privacy preserving analytics
- What blockchain means for enhanced data interoperability
- The era of decentralised ID and what this means for the future of computing
3:35 pm - 4:00 pm
Quantum Threat to Blockchains and Countermeasures
- Do quantum computers pose a credible threat to blockchains?
- Will it happen in 2, 10 or 100 years from now?
- Which algorithms are affected?
- What post-quantum solutions exist already?
4:00 pm - 4:25 pm
Blockchain Architecture Stack: Explained By Humans
- Blockchain is not a paradigm shift but a new way of combining existing technologies
- What is Byzantine Fault Tolerance (BFT) and how is it important the blockchain overcomes it?
- Assessing the internet stack and the blockchain stack: Differences and similarities in human language
Product Journey Stage
10:05 am - 10:30 am
From Field To Fork – How DLT Is Infiltrating The Journey Of Consumer Products
- Simplifying the supply chain to reduce fraud, error and exploitation
- Reducing Risk, Reducing Costs: Driving Efficiency through Faster ‘Trustless’ Transactions
- Unlocking the Power of Provenance: Adding Value through Tracking and Traceability
- Ensuring Ethics and Authenticity: Providing Consumers with Identity and Information on Products and Producers
10:45 am - 11:10 am
Innovating Retail And Supply Chain – Blockchain As A Key Component Of Digital Transformation Strategies
- Why adapting to the Omnichannel world is Paramount for Modern Retail Organisations.
- Remaining Competitive: Reducing Retail Costs is Blockchain the Solution?
- Blockchain as a Complementary Technology to AI, ML, IOT and RPA
- How Blockchain can achieve increased Trust and Transparency in the Retail Sector
11:55 am - 12:15 pm
Ships, Planes and Automobiles: Tracking Physical Asset Lifecycles On Chain
- The problem with supply chains today
- Why blockchain is a game changer?
- Real world blockchain supply chain projects
- Our vision for supply chain
- Realising the vision
12:25 pm - 12:50 pm
Shared Control Of Operational Flight Data
- FlightChain: A Private and Permissioned Blockchain System in Aviation
- How Blockchain Could Create a Single Source of Truth for Flight Data
- Managing Data in an Ever-Changing and Highly Regulated Environment
- Streamlining Information Sharing Across Multiple Systems and Stakeholders
- Ensuring a Seamless Experience for Passengers
- Future Use Cases: Self-Sovereign Data – Allowing Passengers More Control
12:50 pm - 1:30 pm
Panel Discussion: Uniting Transport And Logistics Through Blockchain And Emerging Technologies
- The Scope of Potential: How Will Blockchain Disrupt Transport and Logistics
- Cyber Security, Data Sharing and a More Transparent Supply Chain
- Transport and Logistics Working in Harmony: The Power of Smart Contracts
- Potential Use Cases: Mobility as a Service (MaaS), Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) and Collaborative Digital Transport Engineering
2:15 pm - 2:35 pm
Autonomous Economic Agents In The Supply-Chain: Smarter, Faster, Cheaper
- Why today’s proprietary attempts to gain value from data are flawed
- The opportunity to transform industries with shared prediction models
- Creating trust and economic incentives that support autonomous systems
- Autonomous economic agents and how they’re transforming complex supply-chains
- Deep dive: autonomous agents in the commodities sector
2:50 pm - 3:20 pm
Fireside Chat: Reducing Friction In Trade Through Blockchain
- Learnings so far
- Blockchain technology in trade finance – use cases in letters of credit trade, open account trade, government led platforms
- How will it all come together
- The adoption challenge
3:35 pm - 4:00 pm
Helping Industries Transform One By One, By Building Digital Transformation Centres Of Excellence
The creator of Fintech hub Level39 shares how they are expanding the Centre for Digital Revolution from London globally to industry focussed hubs, and shares the vision for the latest 62000 sq ft hub announced in Hartford Connecticut, the insurance capital of the USA.
10:45 am - 11:10 am
The Rise Of Blockchain – How Bitcoin Is Pioneering A Global Sea Change
- Moving bitcoin beyond systematic suspicion and scepticism
- Learning from ICO and cryptocurrency scams
- Overcoming legislative and regulatory burdens
- A brave, new and exciting future: what next for bitcoin?
11:50 am - 12:20 pm
Crypto Custody: The Search for Regulatory Clarity
- What do we mean by custodial services in Crypto and what key terms/distinctions should we be aware off?
- Examples of fore-running jurisdictions and what about the UK: Explaining regulatory approach and reproach
- How have incumbent and emerging players responded/anticipating specific and related regulation and is current regulation adequate?
- Evaluating the threat of regulatory uncertainty for the customer: Laying out scenarios of risk
- Are the big banks fit for purpose or do we require built for purpose institutions?
12:30 pm - 12:50 pm
Tokenomics (Crypto Economics), Explained By Humans
- Evaluating the unique blend resource, decision-making, and incentive which beyond the technology, make blockchain what it is
- Distilling the 4 core pillars of tokenomics, where they are from and where they are going?
- Illuminating the difference between crypto economics and tokenomics
1:35 pm - 2:00 pm
The Economics Of Cryptocurrency 101
- The fascinating story of the evolution of money
- What is money?
- What will drive the Demand for cryptocurrencies
- Defining cryptocurrency Supply in the short to medium term: payment tokens & Central Bank digital currencies
- Tokenomics 101: bitcoin
2:10 pm - 2:30 pm
What Does The Future Hold For Crypto Storage?
Hot, cold or paper? A question you would rarely ask yourself in any other situation, these basic distinctions determine a lot for crypto storage. As crypto becomes more widely accepted and as token economies become more broadly adopted by businesses the world over, how we store these new units of value has resulted in new architectures as well as new enterprises in hardware.
2:40 pm - 3:20 pm
Panel Discussion: Price Predictions – Beyond A Best Guess
- From emotional and extreme to reserved and cautious – what is realistic?
- Assessing the market-place – is the market stabilising?
- Why 95% of crypto price predictions fail
- Looking ahead: what will the future pricing landscape look like?
3:30 pm - 3:55 am
Conceptualising DLT Systems
- Introducing key concepts of a DLT system and presenting the conceptual framework (breaking the system down into different layers, components and processes)
- Highlighting the layer hierarchy and show how interactions between components and processes as well as different design choices impact system properties
- Illustrate with some case studies how the framework can be used for comparative analysis
4:05 pm - 4:35 pm
Fireside Chat With Ripple: Leveraging Blockchain to Transform Global Payments
In an age where we can talk to people all over the world instantly and for free, why are global payments so costly, inefficient and unreliable, oftentimes taking three-five days to process? How can we enable the world to move money and other assets like information moves today? Marcus Treacher of Ripple will explore how blockchain is improving and revolutionising the global financial system, discussing cross-border payments, DLT and digital assets, and the emerging technology landscape.
Blockchain Energy Forum
9:40 am - 10:05 am
A Source Of Unbridled Innovation – How Blockchain Could Revolutionise The Energy Sector
- Consumption, resources and availability: will consumer concerns change market dynamics
- Removing third-party risk: reducing transaction costs and driving network transparency
- Consumer empowerment: how blockchain will put power in the hands of the consumer
- Use cases: digital transaction recording and a more secure smart home
10:15 am - 10:40 am
Energy Systems Innovation And The Reality Of Implementing Blockchain
- Blockchain in energy: overcoming challenges, embracing opportunity
- Avoiding excess and waste through peer-to-peer energy trading
- Lowering carbon emissions and raising capacity
- Outlining the benefits to end-users
10:50 am - 11:10 am
Global Policy And Regulatory Change – How Nations Are Responding To The Opportunities For Blockchain In Energy
- A global response: evaluating the changing policy and regulatory landscape
- Future governance: energy generation, distribution and trading
- An international overview: examples from key markets and regions
- Helping businesses to understand likely growth areas
11:10 am - 11:55 pm
Panel Discussion: How Blockchain Technology Will Disrupt The Energy Sector
- Disrupting the energy sector: viewpoints from regulators, industry leaders and consortia
- Fostering innovation: what is needed for widespread adoption
- Capacity building and institutional strengthening
- Modernising grids, renewable energy and micro-grids
- Green finance and carbon trading systems
12:05 pm - 12:30 pm
Galvanising Renewables With Blockchain
- Shifting towards peer-to-peer energy trading models
- How the renewables industry is being galvanised by blockchain and DLT
- Capitalising on the new token economies of wind, solar and hydro tokens
- Connecting with consumers and investors
12:30 pm - 12:55 pm
Opportunities and Challenges for Blockchain in Large Enterprises – Case Studies in Energy, Oil & Gas and Beyond
- Why are there so little real-world applications when it comes to blockchain in large enterprises?
- Strategic insights from a serial enterprise blockchain team builder
- The opportunities and challenges large enterprises face when working on blockchain projects
- Examples setting up blockchain initiatives for Shell, Bosch, KLM and Philips
Blockchain Creatives Stage
1:25 pm - 1:45 pm
Empowering Creatives With The Tools Of The Future
- An overview of the future of the creative industries and the benefits provided by DLT
- Opportunities, barriers and risks to the creative world presented by blockchain
- How blockchain platforms are empowering artists and paving the way for a fairer future
1:55 pm - 2:20 pm
The Future of Music – Revolutionising Royalties
- Combating the challenges presented by the rise in streaming services
- Keeping up with the huge generation of data in the digital age
- How the ‘trust machine’ of blockchain can ensure the fair distribution of compensation to musicians
3:00 pm - 3:25 pm
Blockchain Bolstered Copyright: Protecting Image Rights
- Combating the flaws of a system which currently fails to sufficiently reward artists and photographers in the digital age
- New methods of protecting intellectual property and knowing its provenance
- How to fairly distribute compensation owed to creators using blockchain technology
3:35 pm - 4:00 pm
Freeing Film From Pirates And Tyrants
• Empowering creative independence in the film industry
• Increasing the efficiency, transparency, and speed of the filmmaking process
• Ledger of transactions and ownership in films
• Feeding the ecosystem the much-needed data
• Fighting piracy: using blockchain technology to secure originality
4:00 pm - 4:40 pm
Panel Discussion: Creating A Clear Marina For The Future Artworld
- Moving beyond the harm of safe harbour models to a fairer future for artists
- Evolving the creative industries by facilitating efficient and transparent digital rights management
- Proof of provenance: immutable tracking with blockchain and DLT
- Combating fraud, double spend and other problems currently plaguing the creative industries